Party On My Face - Tay Meets World

Party On My Face

12:23:00 PM

Happy Monday Friends!

I hope you all had a spectacular weekend…can you believe this weather? Ok, I don't know where you are right now but here in SoDak we are having the best weather EVER and I could not be more ecstatic! Today we are getting down and dirty, on our faces that is. I don't know about you but one of my favorite things to do in the morning after I am done getting ready is read all my favorite blogs (see sidebar for my favorites). Although this is my favorite thing to do I often find myself turning green…not literally. These ladies on the blogs are so beautiful and seem to have flawless faces and sometimes I wonder what I am doing even trying! Enough of the sob story I am going to tell you another story…about my skin.

I had really good skin throughout high school, occasionally I would get a random hormonal pimple but it was never anything to dwell on. See picture below:

Me with my momma before prom. 

Right around the time of graduation I noticed I was getting a few more pimples here and there, it was out of the ordinary but I felt like it was under control. During the summer was when I got to be on MTV MADE, see post here. This is when my face exploded. On the Alaskan trip I wasn't able to perform my "normal" daily skin care routine and my face looked like the grand canyon and Alaskan Mountains all in one. (I didn't take many photos during this time and if I did they were in black and white) To this day I don't know why my face became infected like it was, it just did. 


It only got worse from here, I developed cystic acne on my cheeks that were unbelievably painful. If I even touched my cheek I would burst into tears it hurt so bad. I have never been so self-conscious and embarrassed in my life. I always felt like a person's face is their canvas, it tells you who are and mine was now scaring little kids! The picture below is during my first year of college, do you see how swollen my cheeks are? I obviously have makeup on and at this time I was taking an oral prescription medication and using two creams for my face but it was still really bad. The dermatologist said the acne had to 100% clear up before they could do any major chemical peel or laser treatment. So I waited and applied creams like a maniac.

I tried endless skin care products and so many different kinds of makeup but nothing worked better for me than what is pictured below. Keep in mind everyone's skin is different and what might work for me might not work for you!


I use my Clarisonic everyday, it exfoliates my skin to even out my face and reduce the appearance of uneven skin and uneven skin tones. My go-to face wash brand is Bioelements. Their face wash is easy on your skin and it helped to clear up my acne. I then follow with bareMinerals makeup. This is the only makeup I like to use because I know it doesn't clog my pores and it keeps my skin from getting oily. To be honest, I am still scared to try anything new on my face because I don't know how it will react. 
You will see in the picture below that my skin still has scarring and what looks like dimples are actually scars. There are good days and bad days, sometimes you can see the scarring other times you need a magnifying glass (those are my favorite). In any case I am still on a journey to get my face back to the way it was, I understand that's a long shot but I am sure trying. Ladies, please remember you are not alone. One of the hardest things for me while going through this is I didn't really have any girlfriend to lean on who understood exactly what I was going through. I am here for you however so share your stories and shout from the rooftops and maybe we can swap tips and tricks on what works and what doesn't! We are all in this together. (Cue High School Musical).

My face now.

Love who you are and cherish all the imperfections about yourself, life is too short. 

xoxo,
Taylor

You Might Also Like

0 comments